[Xorp-users] How to decide Unsolicited Report Interval in IGMPv3 XORP

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Jul 22 02:34:39 PDT 2008

Tushar Mehta wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how i can find the Unsolicited Report Interval that
> is used when any IGMP host use while transmitting state change record?

> by default Unsolicited Report Interval should be 1 but XORP is not
> following it. it is picking up this interval randamly.

The URI is subject to jitter, as are most IGMPv3 protocol timers. It
isn't in any of the packets, it sits only in the end station's IP stack.

URI is entirely specific to the IGMPv3 host mode implementation. You
don't specify which OS is showing this behaviour so it's difficult to
give useful feedback here.

cheers
BMS