[Xorp-users] IGMP host version problem

Tushar Mehta tushar.mehta at einfochips.com
Thu Jul 24 06:30:23 PDT 2008

in my setup, when XORP(IGMPv3 for IPv4 router sends IGMP version 1 or 2
query then IGMPv3 host is changed to version 1 or 2 respectively
but when XORP turns back to IGMPv3 querier, host is not coming back to
version 3 and still sending report with version or 2

what is the reason?

here i have attached the configuration file and my setup.

XORP machine specification:
OS: Fedora Core 5
kernel version: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
architecture: i686
XORP version: 1.4
IGMP version: 3( for IPv4)

Host Machine specification:
OS: RHEL 4
kernel version: 2.6.9-5.EL
architecture: i686

Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and please delete it from your computer. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated.Company has taken enough precautions to prevent
the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any