[Xorp-users] Routing using click

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jun 9 09:08:16 PDT 2008

Mayank Kandari <mayank.kandari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>           I have installed click in my system in kernel mode and using click
> as a forwarding engine. What changes I will have to make that all the
> packets generated in my system routed via click not linux networking stack.

You could try to set the following flag in the XORP configuration to
false:

fea {
    click {
        duplicate-routes-to-kernel: false
    }
}

This should stop the routes generated by XORP from being installed
into the kernel, though all the routes that were already in the
kernel will remain there.

If the above doesn't work for you, then what you need to do is to
get it working by using only Click (i.e., without using XORP).
For that you might need to ask on the Click mailing list.
Once you get it working (e.g., if you need a special Click config),
then go back to XORP and apply the fix/configuration.