[Xorp-users] confirm 2be68895459e46dec1a34879ba5f1ac5c4883465

Sir Mikey1 sirmikey1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:39:17 PDT 2008

Sirs,

 Three questions/situations please:

Your frequent questions page, what does this mean?

Quote: "At the present time, XORP *does not* implement its own forwarding
system. It is reliant on the forwarding of the underlying host operating
system. We would like to support forwarding in custom hardware and software
architectures in future. An example being the
Click<http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/>modular router."  ???

  Does xorp utilize one host computer to share Modem Nic with Office Nics
and IP subnet range, like Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard????

   I had hoped to be able to put xorp router software on all machines, with
modem plugged into the uplink slot on the hub, where all computers would see
the sitation and resolve.  Wishful drinking, or is this even possible?

Many Thanks,
SirMikey1