[Xorp-users] ASM Configuration Options with XORP

Archimedes S. Gaviola agaviola at infoweapons.com
Mon Jun 23 21:01:47 PDT 2008

To Whom It May Concerned:

Hello and good day! I have 2 multicast routers running XORP 1.4 and I
want to configure it with ASM. I have tried SSM which is more
straightforward to configure because only few configurations options
were being set in the configuration file (config.boot). In the manual, I
could see the options like

static-rps
bootstrap (with sub options of candidate BSR and candidate RP)

In my scenario were there are 2 ASM multicast routers, I am going to
have the same RP address in the static-rps option? When I am going to
use bootstrap option? Is it used to configure both the multicast
routers? What about candidate BSR and candidate RP, when to use them? My
goal is to setup a very simple ASM network with a streaming server on
one side of the network behind a multicast router and streaming clients
on the other side with another multicast router.

Thanks,
Archimedes