[Xorp-users] static Route 0.0.0.0/0

Florian Thiessenhusen Florian.Thiessenhusen at admeritia.de
Sat Mar 1 06:51:37 PST 2008

Hi Dan,

thanks for your reply.

"I" means the client.

"Will not work" means, that when i try to ping an external IP Adress, i got the following error:

"Reply from [IP of router]: Destination unreachable."

(Client sends packet to [external IP], it shall be routed via router to the Corporate Firewall (192.168.15.11) but never arrives on it.

The Routiong table of the client has no route to the specific external IP Adress.

This tested a Xorp Config with local networks (that are directly attached to the firewall) - this works without problems.

Thanks,
Florian