[Xorp-users] value of ttl for ripng

expo01 at free.fr expo01 at free.fr
Tue Mar 4 01:16:35 PST 2008

Hi,

We are using Rip and Ripng from Xorp, and we have a problem with a Juniper
router that accepts our Rip messages, but rejects the Ripng messages, pretexting
their "ttl is 1, which is different from 255". We use Xorp 1.5-WIP. I had a very
quick look at Xorp sources, and in the rip/tools directory, I found that
ripng_announcer makes a call to comm_set_ttl(fd, 255), which seems ok. But in
fact, that's true that our Ripng packets are finally issued with a ttl value
equal to 1. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent