[Xorp-users] Multicast Forwarding

De Hoyos, Samuel Samuel.DeHoyos at NGC.com
Wed Mar 5 13:07:55 PST 2008

Need some help enabling Multicast forwarding with XORP on a server
running RHEL 5.

We followed all the configuration items on the web and the users manual.

We enabled each interface, fea, mfea, igmp and even pim in the XORP
configuration with our specific information with no luck.

This should be simple but for some reason MC Forwarding is not working.

Its a simple network with two hosts on either side of a server running
XORP.

Here is our simple configuration:

mcast source---------------LinuxXORP-------mcast receiver
           ^              ^        ^       ^
           |              |        |       |
       10.100.1.2 	 eth0	 eth1     192.168.10.33
                     10.100.1.3  192.168.10.34

We checked the output of the show igmp group command and can verify that
eth1 is part of the group 225.1.1.2 that we are using. When we check the
show route table ipv4 multicast final table we cannot see the multicast
route being added.

Is there any configuration needed to static routing in the config.boot
file?

We also verify that the source is sending on eth0 to 225.1.1.2 but its
not being forwarded from eth0 to eth1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sam