[Xorp-users] Related Route Redistribution Ruin

Matthew Keller kellermg at potsdam.edu
Tue Mar 11 08:45:36 PDT 2008

After 4.5 hours of digging into a problem I'm having, I believe I
finally know enough to ask an intelligent question.

My XORP router is a BGP router peering with another BGP router elsewhere
(not ours). We're receiving thousands of routes, fine, but unable to
send our single route to our BGP peer.

What appears to be happening is that the route I want to send:

 route 137.143.0.0/16 {
        next-hop: w.x.y.z
 }

is for some reason being ignored because it is related to one of the
connected interfaces (137.143.16.0/20). If I change the route to
ANYTHING not related to a connected interface, ala 137.142.0.0/16 (note
the decrease in the second octet) the route flies out perfectly (albeit
not the route I WANT to send out).

'show route table ipv4 unicast static' is empty if the correct network
is used, and "correct" if the false one is used.

I have used Xorp 1.4, and a CVS checkout from a couple weeks ago.

Am I missing something? How can I force that route to be sent?

--
Matthew Keller
Information Security Officer & Network Administrator