[Xorp-users] IGMP Proxy

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 13 13:18:50 PDT 2008

De Hoyos, Samuel <Samuel.DeHoyos at NGC.com> wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way to configure the XORP software to
> behave like an IGMP proxy.

I am afraid the answer is no.
IGMP proxy implementation for XORP is on our TODO list, but
currently you can use XORP for multicast routing purpose only if you
run PIM-SM (which from your description doesn't seem to be an
option).

Quick search reveals the following open-source IGMP proxy
implementations:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/igmpproxy
http://potiron.loria.fr/projects/madynes/internals/perso/lahmadi/igmpv3proxy

However I should note that I haven't tried to use them.
Also, I don't know whether they are based on the IGMP Proxy spec
(RFC 4605).