[Xorp-users] Bonded Interfaces

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Sun Mar 16 01:09:35 PDT 2008

Hi David,

--On 15. März 2008 05:47:35 -0700 David Bond <david.bond at themis.com> wrote:

> Dirk,
>
> The situation is further complicated since there are pseudo interfaces
> created on the bonded interface, such as bond0:1, bond0:2, etc.

That should be no problem, since Xorp abstracts from the interface layer -
it uses every kind of interface equally.

> Also,
> there is a requirement to forward traffic from a specific ip address to a
> different ip address using one of these pseudo interfaces. Currently
> Iptables is being used to perform this function,

You could use static routes in Xorp to get this working. It would be easier
to troubleshoot if you do all the routing with one tool.

> but I think there is a
> conflict due to some of the messages that I'm seeing from xorp_rtrmgr.
> The error message in particular is "No Finder?".

I am sorry, but I do not know what this message means.

Dirk

> David

Dirk H. Schulz
IT Systems Service