[Xorp-users] Error: 102 Command failed Cannot enable vif register_vif: no such vif (newbie)

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 5 08:22:32 PDT 2008

Mark Ryden <markryde at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using xorp-1.4, build from sources tar file.
>   I had tried to configure rtrmgr/config.boot  and start  xorp_rtrmgr
> and I get the following  "102 Command failed Cannot enable vif
> register_vif: no such vif" error
> Here is the full log and the config.boot file ; I appreciate if
> somebody can help.

You need to configure the MFEA as well. E.g.:

plumbing {
    mfea4 {
        interface eth0 {
            vif eth0 {
                disable: false
            }
        }
        interface register_vif {
            vif register_vif {
                /* Note: this vif should be always enabled */
                disable: false
            }
        }
    }