[Xorp-users] Error of Clock

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu May 29 17:32:30 PDT 2008

Mayank Kandari <mayank.kandari at gmail.com> wrote:

> while I am running  xorp getting the following error.
> Can any one tell whats the problem ?
>
> xorp_rtrmgr: clock.cc:47: virtual void SystemClock::advance_time():
> Assertion `error == 0' failed.
> Segmentation fault

What OS are you running and is the problem reproducible?

The problematic code is inside libxorp/clock.cc:

    error = ::clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, &ts);
    assert(error == 0);

>From reading the FreeBSD-7.0 manual page for clock_gettime()
all of the few possible errors should never happen in our case.

If the problem can be reproduced, could you print the value of errno
and the corresponding string (e.g., by using strerror) by adding
the following line right before the assert() call:

    XLOG_ERROR("errno = %d (%s)", errno, strerror(errno));