[Xorp-users] click configuration under FreeBSD

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Nov 6 03:05:18 PST 2008

alan yang wrote:
> hello,
>
> under freebsd7, i am trying to config xorp click from within
> config.boot file and have couple questions:
> 1.  it says for freebsd it only need the click.ko for kernel click
> module, but in click readme it says "FreeBSD 4.5 kernel module driver
> not working" that actually the bsdmodule cannot build.
> 2.  it seems xorp need click for FE plane, but without click.ko and
> other driver, does xorp can really work under freebsd

XORP does not require Click for the forwarding plane, its use is purely
optional and is not required, you can also run Click in user space.

I believe the kernel-space Click port to FreeBSD 6.x+ up wasn't finished.

There were a number of technical issues which needed to be solved and
whilst I myself got involved (by sending a patch 18 months ago), I don't
use Click for anything myself, and there hasn't been any line of funding
or other incentive for me to continue to work on it.

thanks
BMS