[Xorp-users] xorp getting hanged in ASBR configuration

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Nov 13 06:39:50 PST 2008

Riddhi Shah wrote:
> As per your suggestation , i have configured policy on router - 2 and export
> that policy in BGP.but still I am not getting expected result.
>
> I have attached modified xorp configuration files for Routers -1,2,3.

Hi,

These configurations will redistribute static routes into BGP on one router.

However, this does not redistribute any external route(s) into OSPF,
therefore the 'E' bit will not be set in any LSAs, and none of these
routers will appear as an ASBR. I see commented out export statements in
some of the protocols { ospf {} } blocks in these files.

In order to configure XORP as an ASBR, you need to redistribute routes
into OSPF using the policy configuration, otherwise the XORP routers
will not behave as ASBRs.

thanks
BMS