[Xorp-users] Adding interfaces dynamically

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Nov 14 09:21:03 PST 2008

Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> Bruce M. Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net> wrote:
>

>> Franz Struwig wrote:
>>
>>> Does XORP handle interfaces being dynamically added gracefully, or do
>>> you have to restart the daemon?
>>> I'm pre-empting the answer, but are there any workarounds?
>>>
>> Unfortunately, portions of the FEA require a rewrite to deal with
>> interfaces which appear dynamically after the FEA process has been
>> started. There are a number of Bugzilla entries about this. Pavlin may
>> know more.

I believe these problems are now fixed...or at least mostly so.  I
routinely do dynamic
interfaces with Xorp, but I tend to create them, and then add the config
through the xorp
CLI.

I'm also running with some extra patches in this area.  If you find any
problems and would
like to try my repository to see if that fixes it, let me know.