[Xorp-users] Multicast Configuration Help

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Nov 15 21:58:16 PST 2008

Dustin Hoffman <dustinhhoffman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to configure an XORP router to perform multicast routing.
> I have attached my configuratin file.  In the log I see a much of RX
> entries when multicast packets are received, but no TX entries showing
> them going out and I never receive them on the clients.

Which module prints the RX entries?

In your config file you have enabled traceoptions on in the mfea4
block, but not in igmp.
Also, you haven't configured PIM-SM, which is required for multicast
routing.

Pavlin