[Xorp-users] lightweight, multicast router

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Nov 19 06:31:44 PST 2008

Franz Struwig wrote:
> Is there any way I can slim down XORPs functionality?  I basically
> just want to use XORPs multicast routing capability, on a resource
> constrained system.

How resource constrained? I think you're looking at a bare minimum of
128MB for an x86.

I could revisit my own engineering work on dealing with this, but I
don't have a business case for it at the moment. I am always open to offers!

> I see the configuration script supports a '--disable-feature' option -
> is there a list of features which can be disabled?
You could opt just not to load certain protocol modules, but most of the
memory consumption in that case comes from the core.

thanks
BMS