[Xorp-users] IGMP report group ...?

Hervé Léonard lherve at interfaceconcept.com
Thu Oct 9 09:15:26 PDT 2008

Thank you very much Pavlin and Bruce for your answers. I took your advices
and tried to go further...

In fact, in my first configuration, i did not have the mfea statement (see
my first mail):

	plumbing mfea4 interface eth0 vif eth0...

but only the IGMP configuration statement:

	protocols igmp interface eth0 vif eth0

But the flag ALLMULTI is set on the interface by the option MRT_ADD_VIF
using setsockopt() passed to the kernel.
And setsockopt(MRT_ADD_VIF) is done in mfea_mrouter.cc

is that correct?

Anyway, IGMP version 2 WITHOUT the mfea configuration statement for eth0 it
doesn't work but WITH the mfea configuration, it does:  the IGMP group
appears in xorp.

Thanks,
Leonard