[Xorp-users] BGP route-reflector question.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Oct 9 15:49:26 PDT 2008

Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm trying to add BGP support to or xorp configurator.
>
> In the manual, section 10.3.1, the syntax is shown as:
>
> route-reflector text {
> }
>
> However, when I use this config, it will not parse.  I think
> it doesn't like the '1' for the 'text' portion:
>
>          route-reflector 1 {
>              identifier: 4.4.4.4
>              disable: false
>          }

Seems it works fine if you just leave out the 'text' portion (and fix
the 'identifier' which should be 'cluster-id').

Now, it seems that bgp might not be using fea, and if so, then I'm
going to need to hack on it's socket code to bind to a specific
device (SO_BINDTODEVICE) for my application.

To do this right, I guess I'd need to change the config to have
a local port-name instead of local-ip for peers, and a local port-name
argument to the main bgp block for binding the bgp-id address?

Anyone have any suggestions on better ways to do this?