[Xorp-users] zebra syntax to xorp syntax

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Oct 31 03:18:18 PDT 2008

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message. Most of the
development team is currently tied up in preparing for the XORP 1.6 release.

dikshie wrote:
> Hi,
> what's the equivalent syntax below in zebra to xorp?
> 1. multicast

Please see chapters 11 and 12 of the User Manual for a basic overview of
the syntax.

For an example please refer to the files rtrmgr/config/multicast4.boot
and rtrmgr/config/multicast6.boot.

Multicast forwarding is not enabled using a single separate switch as
such, however your attention is drawn to the "plumbing" configuration
block in these examples. Please refer to User Manual section 2.4.5.

> 2.no ipv6 nd suppress-ra

Actually, XORP doesn't support IPv6 Router Advertisement out-of-the-box.

Generally this has to be configured using an OS-dependent mechanism,
e.g. the rtadvd daemon, as found in KAME derived systems such as FreeBSD.

We would very much welcome patches for adding the necessary ICMPv6
support, perhaps as a separate XORP process, or as a patch for the FEA.

> 3.ipv6 nd prefix-advertisement 2001:xxx:yyy::/48 592000 604800 onlink autoconfig

Again, supporting this option would require a patch.

thanks again
BMS