[Xorp-users] Running XORP considering an interface without connectivity

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme at nerim.net
Thu Sep 4 04:01:48 PDT 2008

Hello Everybody,

I am running XORP on a Linux System with two interface. My problem is
that on this system, I can have one of these interface not connected to
any network equipments. So, the link is considered down by the Linux. In
this configuration, my Xorp system doesn't want to start when I want to
use MFEA. The logs tell me that the VIF interface is not UP. (The
concerned VIF is linked to the physical interface which is not connected)

I would want to know if there is a solution or a workaround in order to
force XORP to start when my interface doesn't have physical connectivity ?

Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards,
Olivier BONHOMME