[Xorp-users] OLSR route redistribution in XORPv1.5

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Sep 8 10:28:44 PDT 2008

Sproat, Jackalynn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to XORP and am interested in redistributing routes between
> XORP OLSR and XORP OSPF.
>
> At www.mail-archive.com/xorp-hackers at icir.org/msg00413.html
> <file://www.mail-archive.com/xorp-hackers@icir.org/msg00413.html> it
> was mentioned that CenGen had success with exporting inot OSPF in
> their testbed.  I was just wondering how I can get more information
> w.r.t to doing the same.  For example, is this a simple as including
> the statement export ospf on the OSLR router? Where in the .boot file
> should this statement be inserted?

The OLSR implementation is a standard XORP routing process, which
supports route redistribution using the standard mechanisms, and uses a
similar syntax as the other processes (BGP, RIP etc).

You need to define an export policy and include it like this:

%%%
protocols {
 olsr4 {
  export: "ospf-to-olsr"
 }
}

policy {
 policy-statement ospf-to-olsr {
   term a {
     from {
       protocol: "ospf"
     }
     then {
       accept
     }
   }
 }
}
%%%

Currently the OLSR redist support doesn't allow you to specify a metric,
as this isn't part of the OLSRv1 spec. ETX link metrics aren't supported
however this support could be added at a later date if there is further
interest.

Also, the policy tags/varmap which xorp_olsr uses are not currently
documented. You can try experimenting with the syntax for the various
tags in etc/templates/olsr4.tp. These can be used to filter various
announcements if going in the opposite direction (OLSR to OSPF or other
protocol).

For docs, see docs/olsr. You'll need LaTeX installed to build PDFs of
the OLSR documentation.

thanks
BMS