[Xorp-users] OLSR warnings

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Sep 11 15:18:17 PDT 2008

Sproat, Jackalynn wrote:
> The following warning is shown on all three machines:
> WARNING: Reuseport undefined! - Is this something of concern, can it be
> addressed in the config file?

That can be ignored. If I recall correctly, Linux doesn't have the
SO_REUSEPORT option. It is needed to ensure correct broadcast/multicast
behaviour in BSD derived networking code; this is explained in "UNIX
Network Programming" and "TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 2".

> The following warning is shown repeatedly on Linux1 and Linux2 only
> Node already exists OLSR Node Type 3 ID 28877
> WARNING: xorp_olsr4: 8105 OLSR +577 ../../libproto/spt.hh [add_node]- Is
> this something of concern?

Node type 3 refers to VT_TOPOLOGY -- see enum VertexType in olsr_types.hh.

Most likely one or more of the TC records in the link state databases
are redundant. This can be expected to happen as multiple nodes can
announce the same TC information.

It is still necessary to consider *all* of the information, including
redundant records, when populating the OLSR shortest path tree, because
some of the originating next-hops in the TC database may not be
reachable otherwise.

thanks
BMS