[Xorp-users] OSPF Over GRE Tunnel using XORP

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme at nerim.net
Fri Sep 19 04:46:49 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up an OSPF network between 2 routers. My problem is
that my routers are only visible from each other considering a GRE tunnel.

I tried to set up a XORP configuration but the Hello Messages are not
sent in the GRE tunnel and my tunnel interface didn't join the 224.0.0.5
group.

I would like to know if a such architecture (OSPF over GRE) is possible
and if there is a specific clue in XORP configuration to do this ?

Thanks for your answers

Regards,
Olivier BONHOMME