[Xorp-users] Can ARM TS-7300 support xorp...

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Wed Apr 15 10:20:20 PDT 2009

naresh raga 09711348702 <naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in> writes:
> I am working on TS-7300 ARM kit.My aim is to  install xorp on
> it and implement router functionality.I am using Linux version
> 2.4.26-ts11 Debian-3.1(sarge).This is the OS  provided with the kit.I
> have installed
> libssl (e.g., libssl0.9.7)
>       - libssl-dev
>       - gcc (e.g., gcc-3.3)
>       - g++ (e.g., g++-3.3)
> the softwares required for building xorp on Debian sarge.
> When I am trying to configure ,I am getting these errors..
>

> checking build system type ....armv41-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type ....armv41-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking target system type ....armv41-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for a BSD -compatible install ..../usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether build environment is sane....configure:error:newly created file is older than distributed files!
> Check your system clock...
>

> But no makefile is being generated....
> please anyone help me...
> Its my project work...
> My project got stucked  here because of this error...please help me
> out from this error.

This particular error is caused because the test file compiled has a
newer timestamp than the configure script. Is the time on your build
machine set correctly? Are you using NFS? If so, the time of the NFS
server comes into play as well.

A "date; touch foo; ls -l foo" should result in the same timestamp,
which should be newer than the configure script.

Once you have it building, you may run into hw resource constraints,
especially if you have the 32MB or 64MB and not the 128MB version of
the TS-7300.  Even with 128MB, you may find it difficult.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin