[Xorp-users] How to use the patch of Heiko

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Apr 27 09:24:22 PDT 2009

Hello,

I've forwarded you Heiko Hund's patch for the MFEA off-list in case you
don't already have it.

naresh raga 09711348702 wrote:
> Mr.Heiko,
> Can you please help me how to use the patch you have provided for
> solving the problem..underlying VIF is not UP..

I would imagine that the patch would need to be applied via the usual
means -- I have not tested it myself -- and I believe the patch is
against the 1.6 release sources. Typically one would download the
attachment to a text file, e.g. call it patch.txt, and apply as follows:

cd xorp
patch -p0 -i /path/to/your/patch.txt

Note that the '-p' argument to patch(1) determines the number of forward
slashes in each individual diff section's file or pathname which will be
skipped when determining which files each diff section is to be applied
to. This is the most common cause of failure to apply a source patch in
unified or combined diff format.

You might want to refer to the man page for patch(1) in case you get stuck.

Please Cc: further correspondence to the list, as I cannot respond
personally.

thanks,
BMS