[Xorp-users] [Xorp-feedback] Inquiry

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Aug 10 00:23:55 PDT 2009

Reza Kamel wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern
>
> I'm developing an IP test bed and I was searching for a open-source
> router. I amazed by your very nice software and I really appreciate if
> you answer these questions about it before I try it:
>
> Is it possible that with making changes in the XORP source code,
> we change the TTL of forwarding packets to desired value? where in the
> code (File/Line)?

XORP is control plane software. To change in-flight forwarded datagrams
you need to go to the forwarding plane. So no, XORP cannot do this for
you. You could take a look at the firewall support, that may help, if
whichever method you choose to do this needs to be integrated with XORP
in your deployment for some reason.

thanks
BMS