[Xorp-users] [Xorp-hackers] Announcement: XORP code repository is now live again

Rae Harbird rae.harbird at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:56:45 PDT 2009

Hi

I am running XORP on Linux Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-13-generic #45-Ubuntu

I have checked out the code from the svn repository and started using
SCons (which I like). Everything is going well and I can run up
"xorp_rtrmgr" successfully.

I am having trouble getting scons to install the binaries and
libraries for olsr.

I have been running scons from the top directory as follows:

scons .
sudo scons install

I have made minor amendments to some of the scons config files which
may (or may not) have helped the situation:

1. SConstruct - modified line:

env['WITH_OLSR'] = ARGUMENTS.get('enable-olsr', False)

to:

env['WITH_OLSR'] = ARGUMENTS.get('enable-olsr', True)

2. Modified the subdirs variable in the top-level SConscript directory
to include 'olsr'

3. Added or uncommented references to olsr4 in:

xrl/interfaces/SConscript
xrl/targets/SConscript
etc/templates/SConscript

I get a warning when I run "scons .":

scons: warning: Ignoring missing SConscript
'obj/i686-linux-public17/olsr/SConscript'
File "/data/XORP/XORP_SVN_1.6/xorp/SConscript", line 50, in <module>

The obj/i686-linux-public17/olsr directory is created although remains
empty. There is no olsr directory under /usr/local/xorp/ either.

What have I missed?

Rae
=====