[Xorp-users] Multicast using Xorp

abee peraye abee_peraye at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:15:23 PDT 2009

From: abee_peraye at hotmail.com
To: bms at incunabulum.net
Subject: RE: [Xorp-users] Multicast using Xorp
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:10:19 +0700

Hi Bruce,
I just want to build multicast for private network. Do you mean I have to configure RP in bootstrap config?Yes, i've been trying that before, but just in Router1. Well, multicast still didn't work. Client can't receive multicast stream from Server.
Here's my bootstrap configuration in Router1:
protocols { pimsm4 {  bootstrap {   cand-rp {    group-prefix 224.0.0.0/4 {     cand-bsd-by-vif-name: "rl0"
     cand-bsd-by-vif-address: 192.168.2.1    }   }  }}
Do I must config bootstrap in every router? or just in one router?
I'm looking forward for your help.Thank you
-Abee

> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:52:37 +0100
> From: bms at incunabulum.net
> To: abee_peraye at hotmail.com
> CC: xorp-users at xorp.org
> Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] Multicast using Xorp
>
> Please check the list archives, as similar questions have been asked
> here before about stub multicast network setup.
>
> If you plan to receive Internet multicast, you need to contact your
> upstream provider for more details.
>
> You probably just need to:
> 1. configure an RP
> 2. define a scope for the RP
> 3. tell your VLC and/or streaming server to use multicast addresses
> within the RP's scope.
>
> thanks
> BMS

Be seen with Buddy! Tag your picture and win exciting prizes!  Click here