[Xorp-users] Error:XrlRouter Failed.No Finder?while running ./xorp_rtrmgr

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 27 10:08:32 PDT 2009

Hi Bruce,
When I googled on this error,I found
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2009-February/003004.html.
It states that many debian users have faced with the same problem.I am also working on debian on TS7300 with 2.4.26 kernel.
>The Router Manager needs the *.xrls files to know which XRLs to send >directly to the processes which it manages.

>You should verify that xorp_rtrmgr is able to start its internal Finder, >and is listening on port 19999 (the default TCP listen port for the XORP >Finder IPC broker) when you start the process.
In the above xorp thread also Moises said
"That did the trick. The problem was the router firewall. I added some  rules for 127.0.0.1 connections and everything works well."
I am unable to know how to verify xorp_rtrmgr is able to start its internal Finder or not?Also can you suggest what rules for 127.0.0.1 connections makes things working?
Please help me out.

Thanks,
Naresh.

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com