[Xorp-users] Error:XrlRouter Failed.No Finder?while running ./xorp_rtrmgr

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Aug 28 04:16:42 PDT 2009

Hi Naresh,

Sorry to hear you are having problems running a cross build of XORP
under Debian.

naresh raga wrote:

>     When I googled on this error,I found
>     http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2009-February/003004.html.
>     It states that many debian users have faced with the same
>     problem.I am also working on debian on TS7300 with 2.4.26 kernel.

My suggestion would be: to focus on verifying XORP 1.7-WIP from public
SVN sources works OK, natively on the Debian derived systems, before
attempting cross-compilation.

Fixes/modifications WILL be needed to the new SCons build system, and
we'd really appreciate your help in making this happen.

I have verified the current SVN code builds on Ubuntu 9.04, which is
also a Debian derived system. Due to a lack of resource, I don't plan to
look at other Debian derived systems; I am focused on making sure the
FreeBSD based XORP LiveUSB build works, and preliminary testing suggests
everything is OK there.

[This is largely a distraction for me at the moment, as I should really
be getting on with the Thrift/Boost refactoring.]

I can't speak for default firewall configs under this system you're
using, although it is certainly one place to start looking. My
understanding is that the firewall configurations for most distros will
pass through traffic on loopback just fine, if this isn't the case, then
please feel free to contribute in this forum.

thanks,
BMS