[Xorp-users] Progress in Xorp development?

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Aug 31 05:36:59 PDT 2009

Hi Christian,

Public SVN reopened last week: http://www.xorp.org/cvs.html

Christian Svensson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was browsing the CVS code to look at what work is being done for 1.7
> / 2.0. I was very surprised to see that no real code has been
> committed to CVS since 2008.

We'd greatly appreciate feedback from users on the current SVN code,
before a 1.7-RC can be cut. What we're really looking for is for users
to be involved in this process more than was the case before.

    The most wide-ranging changes in public SVN are: the move to shared
libraries, various size optimizations for the XRL code, and the move to
the SCons build system, which mostly came from JT Conklin's efforts in
the XORP, Inc. corporate branch.

    Since moving to SourceForge as the main rendezvous point for
developers, we have access to their Trac and Wiki facilities. So we
would really welcome contributions of HOWTOs, procedures, known issues
and so on in these forums.

    Whilst XORP is technically high calibre code, we want this to be
more accessible to users in the open source world. Unfortunately, we
don't have time or resources to track/build/maintain this across this
wide spectrum, so an element of 'self service' is needed, as is the case
with any open source project.

thanks again,
BMS