[Xorp-users] Urgent Queries about XORP package

Rikkers Jorn jorn.rikkers at nl.thalesgroup.com
Mon Dec 7 22:37:28 PST 2009

Hi Mohd Arif,

You are correct. I've succesfully used the two together: Quagga's OSPF
and XORP's PIM-SM and IGMP.

Regards,
Jorn

On 07-12-2009 20:27, Mohd Arif wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for the kind words.
> I look forward to the contribution in XORP in whatever small way i can.
> Regarding interoperability of quagga and xorp:
> "As PIM is "protocol independent", so my understanding is that PIM
> make use of routing table managed by any unicast routing protocol,
> lets say ospf.
> It doesn't matter that the unicast routing protocol is an
> implementation of quagga or xorp because PIM-SM just refer to kernel
> routing table regardless of the fact that which unicast routing
> protocol are creating entries in routing table."
> With this understanding, i concluded that quagga implementation of
> ospf and xorp's PIM-SM can be used together.
> Is my understanding correct?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Jorn Rikkers

*This message contains Unclassified information*

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 06061578.