[Xorp-users] Route syncronization

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Dec 11 02:30:33 PST 2009

Jaime,

It sounds to me like you've sort of already answered your own question
(VRRP) ?

Jaime Nebrera wrote:
>   Now, when this second router wakes up it has to build all the routing
> stuff. I was wondering if there is any way to make the active router
> "send" the route information to the passive one while its alive.

Keeping router state in sync is usually a function of the routing
protocol itself -- although it could be argued, in all sorts of academic
contexts, that it isn't, or shouldn't be.

Other than that, the question seems vague... If you're just bashing
future routing ideas around, nanog-l@ might be a better forum.

cheers,
BMS