[Xorp-users] problem xorp compiling on fc8

Aleksandar Cvjetic aleksandar.cvjetic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 09:22:47 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to compile XORP into FC8 following procedure on xorp.org but have
some problem. Here is the list of files under top level xorp directory:

[root at dhcppc2 xorp-1.6]# ls
autom4te.cache  contrib      libfeaclient   MakefileRootCheck.am  rip
bgp             devnotes     libproto       MakefileRootCheck.in  rtrmgr
bootstrap       docs         libtool        mibs
static_routes
BUGS            ERRATA       libxipc        mld6igmp              tests
BUILD_NOTES     etc          libxorp        mrt                   TODO
cli             examples     LICENSE        ospf                  utils
config          fea          LICENSE.gpl    pim                   VERSION
config.h.in     fib2mrib     LICENSE.lgpl   policy                vrrp
config.log      Jamfile      LICENSE.other  README                xrl
configure       Jamrules.in  Makefile.am    RELEASE_NOTES
configure.in    libcomm      Makefile.in    rib

After typing ./configure I could see no error message but after typing gmake
it seems that no makefile exist:

[root at dhcppc2 xorp-1.6]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any advice for begginer? Thanks!
p.s.  I have downloaded gmake-3.81.