[Xorp-users] Question regarding xorp BGP

Stegen Smith stegen at owns.com
Mon Feb 9 17:38:28 PST 2009

Hello Group,

It's been a while... had my head down with some other tasks for a few months there, but now get to return to
the world of checking out xorp.  Anyways... I've got a question, perhaps feature request, about xorp's bgp
configuration/implementation.

I've got a peer that I want to peer up with; however, they do some trickery which causes xorp_bgp to not want to
form an adjacency.  Here's the log snippet:

[ 2009/02/09 17:08:56 INFO xorp_bgp BGP ] Sending: Notification Packet: UPDATE Message Error(3): Malformed AS_PATH(11)

The configuration looks proper to me, and  I'm able to get my openbsd systems able to connect using the 'enforce neighbor-as no' in openbgpd.
So, I was wondering if this option is available to me, or if there's some trickery to make xorp_bgp to form an adjacency to a neighbor
whose left most AS doesn't match its remote AS value?  It doesn't seem that there is something like this in the manual, so I am asking the
group.

I hope I was clear enough, if not, please let me know and I'll try to provide more information.

thanks!
steen