[Xorp-users] Question regarding xorp BGP

Stegen Smith stegen at owns.com
Wed Feb 11 14:13:53 PST 2009

Hi Atanu,

When I receive updates from my peer, they strip out their AS from AS_PATH when they send me the updates.
Obviously, as experienced,  this can cause some issues without a way to get around it in xorp.  I'm guessing my peer
isn't the only one who behaves in this fashion as cisco has no bgp enforce-first-as, juniper has no bgp enforce-first-as,
and openbgpd also the enforce neighbor-as no configuration options.  It'd be cool to be able to have this functionality
with xorp as well.  If this is do-able, then that'd be awesome.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you need anymore information.

thanks!
stegen