[Xorp-users] cand-rp without BSR

Carsten Otto carsten at c-otto.de
Wed Feb 18 10:19:48 PST 2009

Dear list,

due to a strange network policy I am not allowed (by non-technical
rules) to announce my cand-rp to the BSR. As a workaround I configured
every "client" to know my rp using a static configuration. On my router
I did the same thing, as cand-rp always results in announcements to the
BSR. Sadly, this does not work. As far as I know, my router is contacted
with requests, but does not act as a RP. Is there a better solution than
to block packets to the BSR (and hope the address does not change)?

I am using a quite old version of XORP. Please just tell me if I can
hope for improvements with a recent version.

Best regards,
--
Carsten Otto
carsten at c-otto.de