[Xorp-users] cand-rp without BSR

Carsten Otto carsten at c-otto.de
Fri Feb 20 10:50:43 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:09:17AM -0800, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> Which XORP version are you using?

I cannot figure out how to get the version number, but the files are
from June 2006. I am installing 1.6 right now.

> If you just configure static-rps and all of them point to the same
> router (for the same group prefix) this is suppose to work.

I thought so, let's see if 1.6 helps.

> Please send your XORP config you are not sure.

Attached.

> Also, please clarify what you mean by
> "<your router> does not act as a RP".

It does not forward/route/send the multicast data that is being
requesting using PIM. It behaves like these packets are ignored (maybe
because it does not feel responsible).

Bye,
--
Carsten Otto