[Xorp-users] Xorp + Kernel Click on Linux -- Does this work for anyone in recent code?

Tom Gibson tom.gibson at ipvidnet.com
Wed Feb 25 00:19:34 PST 2009

Should the latest Xorp work fine with Kernel Click on Linux?  It seems
to be broke from what I can tell.

Right now using the latest Click all I can get working is the user mode
version.  Kernel mode just causes Xorp startup to go bad with all kinds
of timeout messages.  The MFEA and RIB modules seem to hang and not
respond.  With a minimal config that doesn't enable any protocols or the
MFEA / RIB modules it gets a little further but right after saying "no
more tasks to do" I start getting these type of errors:

> [ 2009/02/24 23:50:35 WARNING xorp_fea LIBXORP ] 10 seconds between calls to EventLoop::run
> [ 2009/02/24 23:50:35  ERROR xorp_fea:10743 XRL +720 xrl_pf_stcp.cc die ] XrlPFSTCPSender died: Keepalive timeout

I remember using another version of Click I managed to get it to load
with a minimal config (no protocols enabled).  Tomorrow I'll test this
again and get some more info on which version this was with.

I'm new to both Xorp and Click code bases as well as Linux programming
and tools like cvs.  Can anyone offer guidance on getting this working?

Thanks,

Tom