[Xorp-users] Questions on multicast routing

Williams, Mark william at losrios.edu
Wed Jul 1 11:22:52 PDT 2009

Well, looking at the diagram and details in the email, it looks like br1 on R1 was the rendezvous point for the multicast stream, and since you had a relatively high value of 1024000 (81 kbps with default interval value of 100) for switch-to-spt-threshold, a stream of only 64k would not trigger a switch to the shortest path.

In any case, the register-stop message should have been sent from R1 to R2, but that didn't happen either. Was your fix related to this?

-Mark Williams