[Xorp-users] OLSR on Linux?

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jul 2 03:26:28 PDT 2009

Ben Greear wrote:
> On 07/01/2009 11:47 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever used OLSR on Linux with more than one interface?  I couldn't get it to work without
>> the patch below, but maybe that's because of other patches I've added
>> to xorp?

I was able to run OLSR just fine on Gentoo Linux 2008.0 with a two-armed
router (one wifi i/f, one ethernet) during its development. What
specific problem are you encountering, do you have error output? I'm
curious why a REUSEADDR is needed, when BINDTODEVICE seemed to work just
fine.

OLSR currently isn't part of the XORP supported offering as such, so
anything that happens with it is on a best-effort basis.

Thanks for the patch, we can try to incorporate it once the community
branch is re-opened. We are still waiting for legal clearance to do this.

cheers
BMS