[Xorp-users] OpenBSD scons breakage

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Jul 15 16:45:24 PDT 2009

Hi all,

For all OpenBSD users: the build is broken in the SCons-ified community
branch.

This is on OpenBSD 5.0 with gcc 3.3.5 out-of-the-box, using scons from
ports.

places.
 * Fails <sys/socket.h> check due to incomplete/incorrect prerequisite
header list.
 * Need check on snprintf() in libc.
 * CLOCK_MONOTONIC is in <sys/time.h> there; check needs updating.

    It's a known issue with SCons that the confdefs.h file support,
normally handled by the Check*() family of functions, is currently
broken -- the file is not generated, therefore manual header
prerequisites in xorp/site_scons/config/allconfig.py are needed. This
would make dealing with the above issues much easier.

    Again, fixing the checks shouldn't be too difficult, and please feel
free to contact me for advice once the branch re-opens. OpenBSD isn't a
tier 1 platform for us, however we're more than happy to welcome a
volunteer who can support OpenBSD for XORP on an ongoing basis. The
OpenBSD port entry currently lacks a maintainer.

thanks,
BMS