[Xorp-users] SCons prerequisites for Linux targets

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Jul 15 17:25:43 PDT 2009

Hi all,

So, I have just removed GNU autotools in my private copy of the
community XORP branch, and replaced it with SCons.

Here's a summary of what's needed: [1]

Building from source under ubuntu 9.04 desktop:
    # apt-get install libncurses5-dev g++ libssl-dev libpcre3-dev
libpcap-dev scons

Building from source under ubuntu 8.10 server:
    # apt-get install libncurses5-dev g++ libssl-dev libpcre3-dev
libpcap-dev
   * SCons must be installed manually on this platform.

Building from source under Fedora 11:  [2]
  # yum install libpcap-devel
  # yum install scons

cheers,
BMS

[1] I'm thinking we need a wiki for this sort of information.
[2] Ben: I have axed #ident and sprinkled const_cast<> in the right
places for GCC 4.4.0, for now.