[Xorp-users] Virtualizing Xorp

Robert Appleton appletrp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:09:40 PDT 2009

I am trying to run Xorp in a VM on my network. I'm using a basic
static route between computers on a switch (this is still just for
testing purposes). The VM can ping the other computers on the network.
When I start the router it replys from the gateway (192.168.1.1 //
192.168.2.1) but says destination host unavailable when it tries to
reach the actual computer it's pinging. Is there anything I need to
change for running xorp in a VM? (I have this setup working when it is
running on a physical machine outside the VM) Thanks.

- Robert Appleton
appletrp at gmail.com