[Xorp-users] XORP 1.6 support Click 1.6.0 ?

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Jun 7 21:22:58 PDT 2009

Tom Gibson wrote:
> I don't think I ever got Xorp 1.6 working with Click in Linux, though
> I did get a version out of source control at one point that worked.
> I'm trying now with the latest code and having trouble.  If anyone has
> advice on this please let me know.
>
> I've had minimal experience using cvs and have only so far used it to
> do a checkout of latest code.  I should still have my code directory
> on my other computer with the version of Xorp that worked though.  I'm
> guessing it shouldn't be too hard to figure out a cvs command to do a
> "get" of code current as of that date.
>
> If I can figure out a small window of time in which the Click support
> was fixed, what ways would be best to figure out what fixed it?

Short answer is: nobody is officially supporting Click with XORP at the
moment, and we rely on user contributions in order to do so.

If you can find the CVS checkout dates which work for you, please notify
us upstream of any regression(s) introduced into the Click support
against what's at the top of the tree, using Bugzilla to report the
regressions -- then hopefully someone can come along and integrate the
fixes upstream.

thanks,
BMS