[Xorp-users] Empty routing table

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jun 25 03:20:37 PDT 2009

Timothy Chow wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am porting XORP to an embedded target which has a ARM processor.
> Everything got cross-compiled OK. xorp_rtrmgr and xorpsh also runs OK
> under the target platform.
>
> I tried static and OSPF routing protocols, and looks like both
> protocols do not populate the routing table at all. The "show routing
> table" commands in xorpsh for both protocols gave me empty routing
> tables.

Did they give you empty routing tables or empty *output* ? If there were
empty tables you would have seen headers. Can you double confirm? Do the
protocols involved see their own routes?

Are you working from CVS sources, or a release tarball?

We are currently waiting for clearance to move these sources to
SourceForge so there isn't actually any point in committing bug fixes
until that happens, sorry, this is a major hold-up.

> I just wonder if there is anything or anywhere I can check if XORP is
> working correctly on my target platform. Maybe something I missed
> during the whole cross-compilation process? Any thoughts?

ARM is a strong alignment architecture. Whilst warnings have been fixed
there are places in the code where strong alignment may be broken.

thanks
BMS