[Xorp-users] How to AS prepend ?

Sébastien Namèche seb at anet.fr
Thu Jun 25 08:19:17 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I am new to Xorp (say 3 days). I'm doing some tests and comparisons
between Quagga, OpenBGP and Xorp.
And Xorp is nice.

We want to redistribute some (carefully selected) OSPF routes to BGP.
This works.
However, there is still something I can't do : AS prepending.

My configuration is :

.../...
     bgp {
         bgp-id: A.B.C.34
         local-as: "64512"
         peer "A.B.C.33" {
             local-ip: "A.B.C.34"
             as: "65042"
             next-hop: A.B.C.34
             import: "filter_bgp_std"
         }
         export: "ospf_to_bgp"
     }
.../...
     policy-statement "ospf_to_bgp" {
         term ip1 {
             from {
                 protocol: "ospf4"
                 network4: X.Y.Z.0/23
             }
             then {
                 as-path-prepend: 64512
             }
         }
     }
.../...

The prefix "X.Y.Z.0/23" is announced to my peer since I know it from
my OSPF neighbor. But the AS path seen by my BGP peer is (only) "64512".

I have carefully read the doc, crawled other Google and made several
tests with several configurations (and also played with "as-path-
expand"). But still can't find how to do it. Now, I have a terrible
headache  ;o)

What am I doing wrong ?

Seb

“Un peuple prêt à sacrifier un peu de liberté pour un peu de sécurité
  ne mérite ni l’une ni l’autre, et finit par perdre les deux.”
  -- Thomas Jefferson.