[Xorp-users] How to AS prepend ?

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jun 25 09:32:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

The routes redistributed from OSPF into BGP are not going to have an
AS-attribute to begin with, so prepend will be prepending to what is
essentially an empty list.

Sébastien Namèche wrote:
> The prefix "X.Y.Z.0/23" is announced to my peer since I know it from
> my OSPF neighbor. But the AS path seen by my BGP peer is (only) "64512".
>
> I have carefully read the doc, crawled other Google and made several
> tests with several configurations (and also played with "as-path-
> expand"). But still can't find how to do it. Now, I have a terrible
> headache  ;o)
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

I'm surprised 64512 works at all -- as-path-prepend is specified to take
a 'txt' value in the configuration, I would have thought the value would
have required quotes.

Is this not your desired result? Your local-as is clearly set to 64512.

thanks
BMS